Hosting volunteer events creates opportunities to boost brand awareness, company reputation within your community, and employee camaraderie. Preparing for any volunteer event is a multistep process, and one step you cannot afford to miss is providing participants with a volunteer outfit.
Every volunteer outfit or promotional item should have your brand name and logo written on it. That way, everyone will know who’s hosting the event. If you offer high-quality volunteer outfits, attendees will likely keep wearing them long after the event and generate free publicity for your brand.
When You May Need Volunteer Uniforms
The proper uniform for a volunteer event will depend on the type of event, and who will wear it. For instance, if you expect male and female volunteers, you should make unisex outfits. Below are examples of volunteer events and the ideal uniforms for them:
- Trade Shows: Trade shows may occur indoors or outdoors. For outdoor shows, you can provide volunteers with custom caps. The caps should be one-size-fits-all, so you don’t have to make several sizes. Besides being stylish, the cap will provide sun protection to your volunteers. If the event is on a cold day, you can offer your volunteers custom vests that go over their clothes.
- Day to Day Workplace Volunteers: If you offer volunteer time off (VTO) to employees, provide your team with volunteer uniforms that they can wear on such days. The volunteer outfit could be custom embroidered polo shirts or t-shirts.
- Workplace Specific Volunteer: If volunteers visit your company to work, provide them with volunteer uniforms. The uniform will help you distinguish volunteers from your regular staff. It can also make the volunteers feel like part of your team. However, note that the right volunteer uniform for such a scenario will depend on your workplace. For instance:
- Hospital Volunteers: You can provide medical volunteers with custom scrubs. Veterinary facilities can provide similar uniforms to volunteers.
- Office Volunteers: You can give volunteers a custom-embroidered dress shirt if they will be working in an office or retail setting. However, if you want to keep things less formal, the volunteer uniform could be a polo shirt or hoodie.
Some Great Volunteer Uniform Ideas
Do you need help finding a suitable volunteer outfit? We've simplified your search by identifying some of the best volunteer uniform ideas. Here are our top picks:
Port Authority Dry Zone Grid Polo
Port Authority Dry Zone Grid Polo is an affordable polo shirt that you can get in several colors to match your brand color or logo. The shirt is 100% polyester to ensure a comfortable fit, and it features dry zone technology that wicks moisture and controls odor.
Clique Long Sleeve Spin Polo
The Clique Long Sleeve Spin Polo is a long sleeve polo shirt that fits men and women. You can get in several vibrant colors to match the theme of your event, and the shirt is available in sizes ranging from small to 5XL.
Your volunteers will enjoy the shirt long after your event ends, thanks to its durable 100% spin-dyed polyester fabric. The fabric is also breathable, ensuring that volunteers can stay comfortable wearing the shirt for long periods.
Port Authority Carefree Poplin Shirt
The Port Authority Carefree Poplin Shirt is a dress shirt that will make an excellent uniform for volunteers in an office or industrial setting. The shirt looks smart and stays looking sharp thanks to its wrinkle-resistant 55/45 cotton and polyester fabric blend. You can have your brand logo and name embroidered on the chest, and the comfortable material retains color very well.
Port Authority Short-Sleeve Easy Care Shirt
The Port Authority Short-Sleeve Easy Care Shirt makes a brilliant button-down uniform for male volunteers. The short-sleeve shirt’s fabric is a blend of 55% cotton and 45% polyester. The fabric blend delivers superior breathability and comfort, and a left breast pocket adds to the shirt’s versatility. Several colors are available, including burgundy, navy, and royal blue.
Clique Ice Half Zip
If you plan to host volunteers on a chilly day, you cannot go wrong with the Clique Ice Half Zip. The pullover is superb as an outer layer on a slightly cold day or a middle layer on a freezing day. This pullover gets top scores for durability, style, and moisture-wicking. Despite its many features, the Clique Ice Half Zip is quite affordable and has several places where you can embroider on your logo.
The pullover features breathable polyester mesh pique fabric that does not shrink or wrinkle. You can get it in several cool colors, including college purple, white, royal blue, red, and titan grey.
Gildan Ultra Cotton T-Shirt
If you want a casual, durable, and affordable volunteer outfit, you should try the Gildan Ultra Cotton T-Shirt. It features a heavyweight cotton material that feels great on the skin. Over ten colors of the shirt are available, and you can get it in sizes small, medium, large, or as big as 4XL.
Richardson Snapback Trucker Cap
Clothing isn’t your only option for volunteer promotional items. If you want other options, try the Richardson Snapback Trucker Cap.
The top-selling trucker hat is one-size-fits-all with an adjustable closure at the back. Its high-quality construction and 60/40 cotton and polyester material ensure durability and comfort. The hat also has a mesh back for optimal breathability, and you can get it in one of 32+ colors.
Port & Company Knit Cap
Do you need a winter hat? If so, we recommend the Port & Company Knit Cap. The beanie’s material is 100% acrylic for superior warmth and comfort, and you can embroider your company name boldly on it to promote your brand.
Get Your Volunteer Outfits Here!
Don’t settle for anything less than a volunteer outfit that triggers enthusiasm among volunteers and promotes your brand. At Thread Logic, we have several outfits and accessories that you can choose from for volunteer promotional items. We will customize your selected outfit or accessory by embroidering on your logo or other designs you prefer. View our samples here and contact us to place an order today.